The prophet once said that the majority of the population in hell are women.
If that were true, then there are more women than men on earth. And more women in heaven too.
I don't know my religion well enough to theorize, but my version of the bible (Introduction to Psychology) gave me these ideas why the Prophet said the above.
- Part I: Genetically speaking
XX chromosomes has a better chance to survive the natural selection than other variations. Hence, if nature prefers the XX chromosome to develop, doesn't it mean that there are more baby girls born than boys? More females walking on earth than male?
- Part II: Statistically speaking
In countries where the female is subject to social suppression and gendercide, there are always less women than men on the social maps.
On the other hand, in conditions nearest to ideal, where men and women are treated equally (at least in legal terms), there are always more women than men.
Hence, is it possible that the drop in female ratio in suppressive conditions suggest that those unhappy female fetuses, girls and women are already going through a hell of some sort compared to the male population?
- Part III: Socially speaking
Every time that hadith is questioned, the muftis say that there are more women in hell because they lack religion and intellect.
That they are impure due to the menstrual cycles, and that the responsibilities of motherhood and housekeeping are more important than religion.
I don't even need to menstruate to lack in religion. And I would seriously question a female's intellect every time she splurges on these, these, or these. Hold on, let me just finish that shopping order I started.
But, let us assume in earnest that the muftis are correct. That women do practice less religion, are forgetful beings with sinful tendencies to seduce and slur.
Albeit, I still dare assume that the female population in heaven exceeds the male. Without even trying too hard for it. Because, even though it is very fun to try going to hell, it is just too much extra work!
- Staying married to the same man, just being nice to him when he comes home, equals the reward of half a jihad.
- Staying married to the same man, especially if he is an ass, is even better: everything she touches shall carry a burning witness for her jealousy: Lord, her heart breaks, spare hell from her wrath.
- Everything that has to do with the childrearing, from menstruating, maintaining dignity, every time she performs her wifely duties, every day of pregnancy, every pang of labor, every drop of milk, to the nights spent in vigil after a sick child is counted in multitudes of bonus hasanats: 70 years of prayer, enters heaven 500 years, 70'000 angels and so and forth.
- Even if she never married, she still has a better chance at than all the men, because a single pious woman equals 70 saints. Hah!
If you put all of that together, does it add up to you that the female population in heaven and hell exceeds the male?
Alas, there is a running meter for passive femininity to every social situation. Whether virgin, sinful, repentant, widow, in Iddah, divorced, pregnant, mother, childless, victim of gendercide, it is all working on her behalf to send her to heaven.
For, going to heaven is the easy part about being a woman. It is believing that she deserves it that is hard.